How Old Are My Babies?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Have a Heartbeat!!!

James and I went to the doctor yesterday for my first prenatal appointment with Dr. Jarvis.  It was quite eventful.  I thought I was doing ok when they decided to take 1,000 gallons of blood from my arm, but my body thought differently.  I got a bit on the dizzy side and one of the nurses walking by stopped and said "That girl's going to faint!"  She came over and started fanning me, another nurse came over and put a cold cloth on my neck.  It was crazy!  I was so embarrassed!  Then instead of going into Dr. Jarvis' office, they took me straight to the exam room so I could lay down.  Which, I'm not gonna lie, was nice.  It felt good to lay down!   They finally got James and he came into the room and helped "keep me on the table" (directions from the nurse!  LOL) while we waited for Dr. Jarvis.   After we talked with him for a while and we finally agreed on an estimated due date (April 16th!!!!!!!!!!!), he went to get the ultrasound machine so we could see our little miracle!  


I love Dr. Jarvis!  I really do, but he should leave the ultrasounds to the experts (LOL!).  He made me SO nervous and scared trying to find my UTERUS.....not the baby, the uterus!  I don't think I took a breath for a good minute and a half while he tried to figure out where it was!  Of course in his defense, my uterus is laying WAY back in an akward position.  ANYWAY, he found it and there was Baby Brinkley!  And the little heart was just flickering away.  It was so beautiful to see!  I cried!  

So I have attached the pictures from the ultrasound!  Our next appointment is October 7th and we will be able to hear the heartbeat then!!!!  I can hardly wait!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww look at the little bean!!