How Old Are My Babies?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We've got two lines!!

Welcome to my baby blog! I've decided I wanted to document every step of this wonderful journey!!! Here it goes......I'm having a BABY!!! OMG! I've wanted to say that MY WHOLE LIFE! I've never wanted anything more than to be a mommy! And not just to my wonderful puppies...but a REAL mommy! I still can't believe there is a little being growing inside me. That's CRAZY!!!

James and I found out last June that we were expecting, but unfortunately that little baby wanted to go to heaven instead of coming to meet us. It was hard. It was really hard. I'm not sure I'll ever fully "get over it", but I'm thrilled to be "making" another one!

I suspected I might be pregnant the first week of August, so on the morning of August 7, 2008 I took a test. It was COMPLETELY NEGATIVE! No line in sight! Not even a HINT of a line! So I pretty much gave up. I figured Aunt Flow (or AF from here on out) would arrive by the weekend, or at the latest by Monday.
Sunday night came and still no AF. I was so upset because I thought I was going to have a normal cycle (the first "normal" cycle since losing the first baby). I was fully prepared to wake up to come face to face with AF. However, when I got up Monday (August 11, 2008) that darn First Responce test was staring at me. I figured I would use it since I didn't want it to expire before I had a chance to even use it. I mean...wouldn't want to waste a good pregnancy test, right?
So I did what any good POAS-a-holic would do and took it. Imagine my surprise when somthing started to appear. It was so faint, I thought I was imagining it. And at 6:30 in the morning, that's not hard to do. My eyes were still so sleepy! After I rubbed my eyes and shook my head a few times it was still there. That's when I started screaming for James. I screamed, "Jaaaaaaaaames! Get in here and tell me if this is a line!!!" Of course he didn't come right away...why would he, it's 6:30 in the morning!!! I went running into the bedroom, grabbed his hand and literally pulled him out of bed (screaming the whole time!). He looked at it and the first thing out of his mouth was..."There is no line." He never gets emotional over anything! He's a booger! But then he held it a little closer to his face, wiped his eyes again and said "Wait, no, it's there. I see it!"
I grabbed it from him and stared. I was shaking so hard I couldn't see it! I then took a picture of the test and sent it to my sister (Aunt Kirsten) to see if she could see the line in a picture....SHE DID!!! OMG! It's real!

James and I decided after losing the last baby we were going to wait for a while before we told anyone. OMG! It was so hard not to tell anyone on Monday. I was SO excited, that I had to leave work early because my tummy was upset!

Because my hormones are very much out of whack, I called the doctor right away to get started on a progesterone supplement to help my body build the placenta. From what I understand, progesterone is the hormone that is most crucial to pregnancy before the placenta takes over. Who knew? Anyway, I was able to get that prescription right away and I took my first pill Monday night. Ugh! Those side effects came on fast!!!

I have NO willpower! I decided to test again Monday night JUST TO MAKE SURE, plus I wanted to see the line get darker! I picked up a few Answer brand tests when I got my prescription filled and took one at 8:00pm. The line was there...no doubt about that, but it wasn't as dark as I had hoped at first. I FREAKED out! I was in MAJOR panic mode for a good 30 minutes! Then it dried. LOL! It was a LOT darker than Monday morning's test. Whew! What a relief! I vowed not to test again until Wednesday morning, as a woman's hCG level should double every 48 hours. Till then......JAMES AND I ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!

0 comments: