How Old Are My Babies?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Who shrank my pants???

Ok, so I started to notice last week that all my pants, even the ones I just bought a month ago, are too tight. I'm pretty sure that they shrunk in the move. But then I was reading my friend Stacey's blog and found this:

"It almost seems that your jeans start to feel snug as soon as the pregnancy test comes back positive and you can thank the hormone progesterone for that puffy phenomenon. While progesterone is essential for maintaining a healthy pregnancy (it is, after all, the pro-gestation hormone), it also triggers that oh-so-delightful trio: bloating, burping, and farting. Why? Progesterone causes the smooth muscle tissue in your body (including the gastrointestinal tract) to relax. This slows down digestion, giving the nutrients from food you eat more time to enter your bloodstream and reach your baby. That's the good news. The bad news is this slower metabolism can cause bloating. "


So I guess I'm not crazy and my pants didn't shrink. That's the good news! The bad news is that since I'm taking a progesterone supplement, I'm pretty sure I can go ahead and plan to start buying maternity pants by the end of next week. LOL. Check out my ticker at the bottom! It has now moved to the next box! That's SO exciting!


I've also noticed a small increase in symptoms today. I got very worried early this morning before getting out of bed because I didn't have any of the minor cramping that I've become used to. Luckily once I got up and started getting ready for work...they started back up again! Funny how I can worry that I have them and worry when I don't! I usually don't eat breakfast until I get to work, but this morning my stomach felt like it was eating itself right after I got up. WEIRD! Then I stopped at the BP on my way into work because I was DYING for some chocolate milk (Yum!) but after I started drinking it....I didn't want it anymore. Boo. I also have had a horrible aversion to smells today. The lotion that I have been using for MONTHS now has to be thrown in the back of a drawer somewhere because the thought of the smell....blah! I tried to borrow some lotion from a coworker...but the smell of that made me ill too! YAY!!! Oh....and I'm still constantly dizzy. I only REALLY notice it though when I move my head or stand up too quickly. I'm sure there will come a point in time when all of these will be more of an annoyance than an exciting thing; but for right now they make me so happy because they are constant reminders that I'm actually pregnant!!!

0 comments: